Sunday, April 6, 2014

proverbs five

Posted by Jordyn Williams at 9:54 AM
on april fifth i read proverbs chapter five.

now, solomon is speaking of the dangers of adultery. while everything he says is true, this doesn't quite speak to me in that way. i'm not trying to take things completely out of context, but i chose a few verses to point out.

11-14
at the end of your life you will groan,
when your flesh and body are spent.
you will say,
"how i hated discipline! how my heart spurned correction!
i would not obey my teachers or listen to my instructors.
i have come to the brink of utter ruin in the midst of the whole assembly."

23
he [man] will die for his lack of discipline,
led astray by his own great folly.

life is scary. there is a whole lot of responsibility staring us right in the face every day. God gave us authority here on earth and He desires for us to obey that authority. that's being teachers, instructors, coaches, parents, elders, lawmakers, the president, etc. we have all these people that we are meant to listen to and obey. yes, we don't all share the same morals and beliefs...that's fine. we are still responsible for acknowledging that, although we are all equal humans, these people are above us in authority. it's hard for me to write this because i don't agree with the majority of what obama is doing while he is in office, but he is the president of the united states and i'm required by my Father to submit to my authority. that doesn't mean i have to agree with everything obama says or is, but it's my responsibility to acknowledge obama as my authority and submit to the laws of the land. it's still hard for me to write this.

none of us want to be destroyed by our own stupidity in life. that's what verse 23 is talking about. being led astray by our own folly. folly: lack of good sense, foolishness. in other words: being dumb. there is no time for us to rebel our authority here on earth. there is no time to follow the prince of this world into the crooked paths of evil and ruin. we are here for a short time and we don't want to be before God and see our lives being crumpled by our own stupidity. it's simple, but it's hard. i don't like or agree with all of my teachers (okay just one...) but that person is still my teacher and i still have to accept them as my authority. seriously, guys....this whole post is hard for me to accept and type! life is hard. God never intended for life to be a breeze. you now why? so we could see that we need Him. it's as simple as that.

i don't know what more i can say about this. dish in with your comments. this is a hard topic for everyone.


jrw 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

kisses from the breeze Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos