Friday, April 4, 2014

new journey

Posted by Jordyn Williams at 11:17 AM
we’re all on a new journey. whether that be in school, in a career, at home. right now for me, my newest journey has been majoring in music theatre at the university of central oklahoma. i’m just now closing in on my first year at uco and it’s definitely been a wild ride so far. this is technically my third year of college. my freshman year was spent at northeastern oklahoma a&m college and my sophomore year was spent at ozark christian college. needless to say, i do believe i’m where i’m supposed to be now. all of those places got me to where i am today, which is wonderful, but now i’m really feeling my life begin.
there are still moments where i question my decision to major in music theatre. i had a freak out during last fall break where i wanted to switch to a major where i knew there might be more financial stability, but singing is my first true passion and i wouldn’t give that up for the world. i know that music theatre is where i shine and bloom, but i often think of what my life will be like in five or ten years. honestly, i probably won’t be doing a whole lot of performing and i’m okay with that. i’m currently dating the most amazing man, levi, and his first passion is enlisting in the army. i am behind him 100% of the way, no doubt about it. and i want to be with him wherever he is, which means in about five or ten years, i’ll probably be living on a military base with less opportunity to perform. i’m just fine with this. i will always have my voice and i know that God will provide opportunities for me.
so sometimes knowing this, i get into a slump at school. i get unmotivated and think ‘what’s the point?’ but i know i’m where i need to be for this moment and i need to strive to do my best every single day. recently, i’ve been a little moody and closed off. i’m naturally a introvert (ha, a music theatre major an introvert??) and that plus my loss of motivation, i’ve become an unpleasant person in my eyes. my friends may beg to differ, but only i know what’s really going on in my heart. that’s when i realized that God was really tugging at me. a few days ago, i began getting up early enough before class to make some coffee and read devotionals and my bible. i cannot tell you how much happier i’ve been throughout my days because of it! God is absolutely incredible. even just reading a chapter in proverbs a day or reading one single verse, my whole attitude towards school and life in general has changed for the better. on my morning journeys with God, i hope to share with you my thoughts on what i’ve read and just how awesome our Father truly is.
i also want to use this blog to ramble, possibly rant, and enjoy life. i have ideas in my head, dreams i’ve had, thoughts i’ve wanted to express and i want to use this opportunity to write everything out. i do think it will help me motivationally and also therapeutically.
if you’re on this journey with me right now, just hold tight because i can get a little distracted/absent at times. but i hope you enjoy my stories.

jrw

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

kisses from the breeze Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos