Thursday, August 23, 2012

my radical abandonment

Posted by Jordyn Williams at 3:35 PM
     My name is Jordyn and I'm 19 years old. I'm a newly transferred sophomore at Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri and studying to get my Associates in Church Music. Last year, I attended Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College. My Major was in Music Theatre and I absolutely loved it. I grew a lot while I attended NEO. Mentally, personally and vocally. Unfortunately, I wasn't growing spiritually and I take the complete blame for that. I fell away from God pretty quick. It wasn't my intention at all, but I let it happen anyways and I didn't do much about it. I was having fun so why change? Well, I got a huge wake up call. Sometimes something awful and heart breaking needs to happen in your life to throw you back onto the right path. I don't regret my close friendships, but there is a time where maybe being separated from someone is better. I think we've all been there. 
     The biggest thing I've learned at OCC so far has been that Jesus calls us to drop everything and follow him. This blog is called 'my radical abandonment' for a reason. Now, I admit that I haven't "radically abandoned" everything in my life, but this is the start of my journey of trying to do so for the glory of God. I have to start somewhere and school just happened to be that somewhere. Even though I loved being at NEO and I met so many absolutely wonderful people, there came a point where I didn't like who I was becoming. At the end of this summer, I woke up one morning and had a conversation with my best friend, Grace, about how I was feeling. Within that conversation, I decided I didn't want to go back to NEO. It's not a bad school, but I knew it was not where I needed to be. I began looking at UCO and NSU. I went to my mom and said, "I don't want to go back to NEO. I don't know where to go, but I can't go back there." My mom was pretty taken aback and I'm not surprised. Then we both decided on OCC. My mom and my dad both attended OCC. That's where they met and got married. My mom also worked in OCC's music department for four years after she graduated. So I grew up knowing about OCC and always thought I'd go there. It was always in the back of my mind and kind of my default college. Well, now here I am. I'm really excited to be here...I've had class for not even a full week and I've already learned enough to last me a month. It's incredible.

     I think this blog will mainly be for my ramblings and thoughts about what I've learned or what I'm going through. Bear with me because it might be a little boring or I might not post all that often, but I do have some things in mind to talk about.

     I'd really appreciate it if you could keep me in your prayers. Even though I love it here, I'm still trying to get used to everything and make friends. I got all of my 100,000,000 syllabi from my classes and I have the biggest work load. If you could pray for me to keep up with my work and that God will definitely work through me so that I might be able to shine His light EVERYWHERE I go.


-jrw

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

kisses from the breeze Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos